We at Martin Santafe Restaurant, along with our affiliates (collectively, “Martin Santafe,” “we,” “our,” “us”), respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to our use of personal information that we may collect at Martin Santafe locations in the United States and via online and mobile services that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Services”).
This Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect on the Sites, how we may use the information, with whom we may share it and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard the information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
We may obtain certain personal information (such as name and other contact details) through our Sites. The types of personal information we may collect include:
- Contact information, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number;
- Names, postal addresses, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of others to whom you ask us to send information;
- Username and password to access Martin Santafe products and services online;
- Payment information (such as payment card details, financial account information and billing address);
- Birth date;
- Online order history;
- Information about your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status, and other information relevant to specific jobs for which you may apply; and
- Other personal information you may provide to us.
In addition, when you visit our Sites, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our site, and dates and times of website visits. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon”, also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data”, which is a log of content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an e-mail we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites. See also our “Do Not Track Policy” below.
If you use Site features operated by third-party social networking services (such as Facebook), we may receive information you have made available to those services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favorite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. Some of these social networking services allow you to push content from our Sites to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on our Sites. Some of these services also will facilitate your registration for our Sites or enhance or personalize your experience on our Sites. You should make sure you understand the information your third-party social networking services may make available to our Sites. We may use and disclose the personal information we receive on our Sites through third-party social networking services as described in this Privacy Notice.
How We Use The Information We Obtain
We may use the information we obtain through the Sites to:
- Create and manage your account;
- Offer and provide products and services to you;
- Process and collect payments for gift cards;
- Communicate about, and administer your participation in, special events, programs, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, and other offers or promotions;
- Combine it with information we receive offline to send you offers or promotions;
- Send information to others if you ask us to do so;
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions and comments;
- Manage your application for employment with Martin Santafe and contact you in connection with potential employment opportunities;
- Process claims we receive in connection with our products and services;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our sales, marketing and advertising; analyzing and enhancing our products, services and Sites; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Perform data analyses and other processing (including market and consumer research, trend analysis, financial analysis, anonymization, encryption and tokenization of personal information);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
In addition, we use information collected online through cookies, local shared objects (also known as “Flash cookies”), web beacons and other automated means for purposes such as: (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Sites, (ii) delivering content (including advertising) tailored to our users’ interests; and the manner in which our users browse our Sites, and (iii) managing our business. We may supplement data we collect through automated means with information about your location (such as your zip code) to provide you with content that may be of interest to you. We also use this information to help diagnose technical and service problems, administer our Sites, identify users of our Sites, and gather demographic information about our users. We use clickstream data to determine how much time users spend on web pages of our Sites, how users navigate through our Sites, and how we may tailor our Sites to better meet the needs of our users. To identify local shared objects on your computer and adjust your settings, please visit: www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze how visitors use the Sites. The information collected through these means (including IP address) is disclosed to these analytics providers, who use the information to evaluate use of the Sites. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. We may combine information we collect from you with information we receive from third parties and use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Information We Share
We do not sell or otherwise share personal information about you, except as described in this Privacy Notice. When you post a comment on our blogs, we may publish your name and user ID on the blog with your comment. We share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. These third parties are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. We also may share the personal information we obtain with our affiliates, franchisees and joint marketing partners.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena), (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Do Not Track Policy
Our website is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals received from browsers.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.